Our partner, Talking Money is looking to recruit a Money Advice Caseworker to deliver debt advice under a local multi-agency project funded by the Money and Pensions Service.
Talking Money is a Bristol-based money advice charity with a vision of ‘Communities living without poverty’. Our team provides free, independent, specialist debt and benefits advice, and general money guidance, information and support to local citizens. We have provided high quality, effective and innovative advice services in Bristol and the surrounding areas for nearly 30 years.
We are seeking an experienced Money Advice Caseworker to deliver generalist and specialist debt advice contributing to Talking Money’s wider mission of empowering and enabling people to tackle financial challenges through advice, financial education and support. We encourage collaborative working across roles to problem solve and expediate better outcomes for clients.
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
1. The delivery of generalist and specialist debt advice to clients, face-to-face, over the phone or online.
2. Negotiation, advocacy and support for clients where appropriate (e.g. with creditors, at court hearings etc).
3. Income maximisation and/or financial capability support to clients as linked to their debt advice.
4. Promotion of service user empowerment, focusing on people’s capabilities rather than problems and needs, through information and support to use self-help where possible.
5. Providing an integrated money advice service by actively working alongside and promoting Talking Money’s other services and use referral networks for help and support in other areas of legal help.
6. Participation in the delivery of office and outreach based advice including home visits where required.
Further information about this position can be found in the Job Description and Personal Specifications below:
Job Title: Money Advice Caseworker
Responsible to: Partnerships Manager
Grade & Salary: SCP 12 – 25, £21,589 – £27,905 (qualification bar at SCP 19, £24,799) + 5% employer contribution to contributory pension scheme after qualifying period
Place of Work: Talking Money’s Office, plus outreach locations in Bristol and the surrounding areas, but primarily home based at the moment due to Covid restrictions)
Contract Term: Fixed term until 31st March 2022
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours
Probationary Period: Three months
This position is subject to DBS clearance.
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable and send along with the Equal Opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 9.30am on Monday 8th March; however, we encourage you to apply early as we will close the advert earlier if we receive sufficient applications.
We are committed to supporting you in the application process; please do let us know if we can help in any particular way.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Tamra Mannin on email@example.com or 07886718301.